I need to start getting focussed. Specifically, I need to make time for both fiction writing and publishing. I also really want to get back to the stuff I’m *really* passionate about, which is language, specifically, the language that we use to write ‘stuff’. But I’m also mental about WordPress, and knitting, and…and….
Ok. So there’s a couple of complications to this.
One – I have a dissertation due on the 3rd of May. I also have
two sorry, three assignments due in, one next week. It’s creative writing so it’s not *that bad*, but it’s still….a lot to deal with. At the moment, I’m working with taking an hour and a half out every day to do *stuff*.
Two – I want to spend some quality time with the two leading men in my fiction, Elliot Peters and Marcus Farran. So, we’re looking at being torn between two genres too, and it’s difficult to work with blogging and fiction when it’s going forward to be published. But I can write about the *process* right?
Three – I’ve got five different blogs that I *could* do the challenge on. And that’s when my dilema really kicks into high gear.
The five blogs are:
- Kaiberie.com – ie. this one.
- booksbykai – this is my book blogging site, though it’s currently being co-hosted on writers-bookshelf
- literary-forensics – one of my major MASSIVE passions – I love talking language. It’s just out in front of talking coding, when, if you get down to the nuts and bolts, is about the same thing really.
- WP-for-Authors – Doing a project that I could blog about, though the principles apply to anyone, I know who my ideal market is and why.
- The Blogging coach – Talking about blogging in general.
- And of course, I *WANT* to be as involved in the community, if not more, but I’m also highly aware that I’m not running it, so my instinct to help out is probably misplaced :S
The complication comes in, of course where you factor in that I’m a full time copywriter, a full time WRITER, a full time student, a full time mother….I want to find time for all of my projects, but it’s just not physically possible. It used to be, especially as there is a massive amount of overlap in my time. It’s difficult to be a (copy/student) writer without there being a bit of overlap. Still…..
So, here’s where you guys come in. Help me choose. I need to get the blog or blogs listed on the V7N challenge thread before Monday, so I’d love some feedback from everyone 🙂
Also, I’ve ‘vollunteered’ to add at least two posts to the V7N blogs. I can talk ‘tech’ or ‘Seo’ – which would you like to hear about and what questions are burning through your concentration demanding to be answered? Other, of course, than ‘who is this crazy lady’ 😉
Kai is a writer, author and avid reader. A mental health advocate, Ludosport athlete and coder. She’s the mother of two young adults, owned by two cats, and lives with her beloved in the Cotswolds.